Can You Dig It?


I lifted the title of this post from a fashion report from Milan. Hot off the runways for Summer 2009, Burberry designer Christopher Bailey is smitten with the gardening muse. In July his menswear collection channeled famed British artist and gardener Derek Jarman. Now, for women he presents Garden Girls, a bluestocking-at-Sissinghurst kind of Englishwoman. Hello Vita.

All this of course begs some ponderance on the topic of fashion and gardening and where it all converges - in real life. In my case its a blur. I garden in whatever I'm wearing that day. From Seventh Avenue to the vegetable beds, the transition is seamless except for two things- my hat and my shoes. These red pumas and red baseball hat are officially my gardening shoes and hat. I've no idea why they happen to both be red- style can be a mysterious thing. There is function however in my choices, both have breathable mesh sides and they also can be thrown into a washing machine.
Recently:

All Posts: