Plumbago


I learnt from attending a couple of the Indoor Gardening Society meetings that the Union Square market is a surprisingly good source of interesting houseplants. I have since been on the lookout for plants to add to my windowsill assortment. A while back I found the Chaya which is doing really well. This weekend I found a Plumbago, not quite as unusual but a good size and a great price and in bloom. Four hours of sun and it should continue to bloom through winter says the vendor. I think I can offer three hours so let's see what happens. I've always liked this plant, love the pale indigo flowers but the name, like some awful malady or disease. Its alternative is no better Leadwort. A quick google tells me that Plumbago is derived from the Latin for Lead and that leadwort was believed to be a cure for lead poisoning.
Recently:

All Posts: