Hydrangea Mood


I was up again in Mamaroneck yesterday. The snow was thick and it was freezing cold. Pretty as it was, I just wasn't inclined to go outside so my interests turned to what what I could photograph from indoors. Looking out, the hydrangeas looked sort of funny with huge cones of snow on thier seedheads. They looked like mounds of shaved ice ready for a trickle of syrup. Then indoors there was a mustard jug with Hydrangeas that I had put in at the end of fall. I was surprised how blue some of them still were. That image in particular was great material to work with, I'm getting particularly inspired, working in this square format, for some reason it really lends itself to the processing techniques that I've been working with and I was very happy with the moody blue piece I ended up with.
Recently:

All Posts: