Flora Obscura


A couple of mysterious but ultimately mundane scenes from my apartment. My geranium is flowering, I didn't even notice since it's tucked behing a curtain. It's been rainy and gray the last few days, the sun finally appearing again today. Usually the afternoon sun casts an assortment of botanic shadows on the white curtain, today the magenta flowers almost as if they were bleeding into the fabric added an unusual color accent to their usual monochrome.

The dogwood branches are still alive and flourishing. It's been a couple of months now - go dogwood. I've rewarded their tenacity by moving them to a larger glass vase and moving them closer to the window. The morning sun sent a shaft of light through it and lit the roots unexpectedly giving me a slightly eerie glimpse of something that's rarely on view.
Recently:

All Posts: