Right Minding



The tediousness of the left brain chores I am currently mired in, has my right brain parched. Circumstances don't help either- trapped in a seemingly unending winter, there's little outside that inspires - it's just grimy snow and salt frosted sidewalks. Last night I dug out some old footage from a year ago that I took down at the South Street Seaport for a little respite. It was from a cold February day but the sun was shining and the sparkling undulating Hudson river was mesmerizing. If you've watched Jill Bolte's Stroke of Insight, you'll know what I mean when I say it's moments like this that unlock that right brain and allow you to enter and become part of the everyday nature that surrounds us. Until you allow the outlines of the piers boats, people and the city itself to infringe on your perceptions, you are immersed in an oasis of waves and sparkle.




+ OccasionalOasis: Stone River; Sparkle
Recently:

All Posts: